Vision For Education
We are looking for a HLTA with experience in working with the visually impaired and a range of other SEND needs including PDA. This post includes working 32.5 hours a week over 5 days, Monday-Friday.
About the role The person suitable for this role will have extensive experience in working with SEND children, particularly PDA and the challenges this diagnosis presents. You will have previous experience working with young people with SEND and a good level of knowledge to support this and be able to maintain a positive and calm outlook in the face of challenging situations.
About the school This would take place at the family home however there has been a school environment build in the garden which consists of a washroom, toilet, library, gym and classroom. Within the family home there is also sensory and music rooms. The student himself, is 11 years old and has been blind since birth. He holds a EHCP and is also non-verbal, autistic, has pathological demand avoidance and ataxic gait.
Requirements To be considered for the role of 1:1 SEND HLTA you will:
* Committed to delivering an engaging and suitable curriculum
* Be able to work in a team and with other services
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
* To hold a Level 4 Teaching Assistant Qualification
* To have a strong SEND background
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Nicola Perrett on or email .