New College Swindon
New College Swindon have an opportunity for an Academic Instructor – English to join their team based in Swindon.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £23,937 – £24,912 FTE
Actual Salary: £20,484 – £21,318 pa pro rata
Hours: Full and part time hours available, working 39 weeks per year
Job type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31st March 2021
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Academic Instructor – English – The Role:
We are looking for a passionate individual to join the team who will provide support to students in the classroom under the direction of the Lecturer. You may also be required to cover classes in the absence of the Lecturer
In this role, you will support mainly Level 1 and 2 individual students or groups, particularly ESOL students or students with learning difficulties. You will work with the Lecturer and act as a second pair of eyes when assisting learners with developing their skills as independent students. You will also monitor and record their progress on ProMonitor and report back to the Lecturer on identifying support needs in lessons if needed.
Academic Instructor – English – Key Responsibilities:
– Impart relevant subject knowledge and skills to individual students as required
– Take responsibility for marking sections/modules of coursework, under the direction of the lecturer
– Become familiar with the assessment criteria for the course you are supporting and work with the lecturer to improve differentiated learning materials. Ensure these are available on the College Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
– Assist tutors with the administration of the college screening test and support individual students in taking these tests
Academic Instructor – English – Qualification and experience required:
– Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Maths – GCSE at grade C and above
– Minimum of Level 2 ICT qualification. If not held, you will commit to gain within 18 months on appointment
– Relevant Level 3 qualification in subject specialism for the role or relevant skills at Level 3
– Level 4 teaching qualification or willingness to commencing this qualification on appointment
Academic Instructor – English – Benefits:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
– Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
– Excellent Pension scheme
– Generous Holiday Allowance
– Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
– Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Academic Instructor – English – How to apply:
Please note, we do not accept CV’s and you will be required to complete an application form. Please check your emails after clicking ‘apply’, we will contact you with further instructions on how to submit your application form and the next steps in the application process.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided on the measures that have been implemented if you are invited to an interview which will be remotely.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.