National Tutoring Programme
*We are currently recruiting for Academic Mentors across the UK, don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity. *
As an Academic Mentor you will play a key role in the country’s recovery from Covid-19, as part of the government-backed National Tutoring Programme. With the aim of reaching pupils across the nation that may have encountered barriers to learning, this is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact by delivering quality tuition sessions to small groups.
You will be employed on a fixed term contract by a school within a selected area to deliver a tailored programme of support, which will be unique for each school. You’ll earn a salary of £19,000 pro rata as well as having access to the school’s own benefits package.
Positions will be available in Primary and Secondary schools across the country across the following subjects:
* Modern Foreign Languages
Your main responsibility in this role will be delivering support to at least 70 pupils in the format of:
* Small group work (most sessions will be 1:3)
* One-to-one support for those with additional barriers to learning
* Revision lessons (in groups or one-to-one)
* Additional support for those shielding or not in school
To support this, you will also be expected to:
* work with SLT in the school to identify which pupils need 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3 support packages
* identify learning gaps and helping to shape a bespoke intervention programme for pupils
* deliver engaging sessions, to support a range of learning styles with clear learning objectives
* manage behaviour of pupils
* differentiate sessions in line with pupils ability, taking into account any barriers to learning or additional needs
* derive measurable outcomes from each sessions to track progress
* demonstrate safeguarding standards in all practice
You will play a key role in enabling students in the most disadvantaged areas to build their confidence and access targeted support while developing skills and experience in a school for your future career.
*You will additionally benefit from a custom program of online training via Liverpool Hope University. This will be one week of training for qualified teachers and two weeks for Graduates. During the training you will take part in live group sessions covering modules including: Behaviour Management, Peer Assessment, Planning and Assessment as well as subject specific content. *
Minimum qualifications for this role are either: **
* Qualified Teacher Status or Graduate with 2:2 or higher (or UK equivalent)
* And must have Level 4 (Grade C) or above in GCSE maths and English or equivalent
We’re looking for passionate, driven and caring people to support level up opportunities for disadvantaged children across the country. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
*_We value diversity and we don’t discriminate on the grounds of age, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected or otherwise. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer that values diverse talent and encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to be inclusive at each stage of the recruitment process and in line with our aim to promote diversity in our workforce, we also have a diversity & inclusion policy._*
*_We are an inclusive employer and should you require any reasonable adjustments in order to complete any aspect of the recruitment process, please contact the Academic Mentor Team._*
Reference ID: 010921DB
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £19,000.00 per year
* Bachelor’s (required)