School and motorvations at hopewell sites
Reports to: Office Manager and AHT
To act as Receptionist and Administrative Assistant in the or school office
To assist the Office Manager by providing support for a range of office functions
To provide administrative support to the school Head Teacher, Senior Management Team and Teachers as and when required, as appropriate
To carry out duties commensurate with the post, as a member of the office support staff and whole school team
To provide receptionist support to the centre – being the first contact / front line in receiving visitors, staff and pupils to the school
Providing receptionist service to the school, including:
• Welcoming, receiving, signing in and dealing with and directing staff, pupils, parents, school governors, school visitors and other stakeholders as appropriate
• Managing the staff, pupil, parents and visitor school entry system
• Operating the centres main telephone, transferring calls, or taking and delivering messages as appropriate
• Managing the centres main inbox, replying, forwarding messages and making appointments for staff as appropriate
• Updating the centre diary, adding and removing content as appropriate
· To have responsibility for placing orders for whole school resources
To provide support to the school’s and motorvations at hopewell centre’s administrative function
· Input pupil and staff attendance across the school- including follow up calls and reports to ke professionals in relation to absence.
· To oversee the ordering process and procedure for the school and motorvations site
· To collate, organise and scan all invoices relating to both sites across to the financial team at head office
· Co-ordinate all transport for pupils, liaising with taxi companies and Local Authorities through Passenger transport and various taxi companies.
· Receiving and sorting incoming mail for delivery to appropriate staff
• Recording, stamping and posting outgoing mail
• Routine word processing, as and when required
· Placing orders for weekly breakfast club
• Assisting in the maintenance of the school’s filing and archiving systems
• General clerical and administrative tasks such as photocopying, printing, faxing, laminating etc.
• Reporting premises faults, damages, incidents and other occurrences to maintenance person as appropriate including following up on and taking steps to ensure the faults are resolved in a timely manner
• Reporting equipment faults e.g. printer and photocopier, laminator, noticeboard screens, telephone and fax system etc. and other equipment to relevant companies which whom the school has service and maintenance agreements, including following up on and taking steps to ensure the faults are resolved in a timely manner
* Monitoring school stock levels and making stock orders
* Arranging and monitoring the cleaning of the centre.
* To adhere to the school Health and Safety Policy and procedure- completing fire safety checks daily, weekly and as required.
* Maintaining the fire log in the event of a fire alarm
To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection and safeguarding procedures adopted by Hopewell School as outlined in the school’s Safeguarding Policy
• To ensure the school vetting procedure, obtaining visitors’ vetting details e.g. DBS certificate, Photographic ID etc. for the Single Central Record
• To assist staff in the day to day implementation of the school Visitor Policy