SEN Teaching Assistant Opportunities – 2021
* £65 to £75 per day
* Working in SEN Schools
* Primary and Secondary Roles Available
* Full time position – Monday to Friday 08h30 to 15h30
* To Start in January
Are you a kind-hearted individual with the patience and creativity to be a successful SEN Teaching Assistant? Working within SEN is incredibly rewarding but requires out of the box thinkers who are able to see beyond the labels of disability and uncover each child’s potential and love for learning.
Within Schools, you will work with four broad categories of need: Communication and interaction, Cognition and learning, Social, emotional and mental health difficulties and Sensory and/or physical needs. Education and training in Special Needs or Healthcare will be beneficial but not essential.
The SEN Teaching Assistant will work alongside the class teacher and therapy teams to ensure each child progresses towards their goals. As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will gain experience working with mild to severe learning difficulties, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, physical disabilities and sensory impairment, Autism, and complex medical needs.
This is a hands-on role which may require some personal care, hoisting, medication and feeding. A willingness to learn and participate in all tasks is vital. In addition to the teaching team, SEN Schools work closely with a medical team and a therapy team.
SEN Teaching Assistants play a vital role in individualising support where students may learn through a sensory approach, play and practical activities or through a more formal approach. SEN Schools aim to prepare young people for their adult lives whether in employment, supported living or social care.
This role would suit candidates looking to gain experience towards a career or further education and training in occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, SEN Teaching, and working in the disability sector.
The Supply SEN Teaching Assistant will have:
* Strong understanding of the requirement to support pupils with additional needs
* Experience supporting young people with SEN would be advantageous
* Training in PECS, Makaton, manual handling and hoisting (desired but not essential)
* Adaptability, be motivated and able to take initiative
What Academics can offer you:
* A dedicated recruitment consultant for your area
* Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
* Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
* A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
* An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.