Livingston, West Lothian
*Here at Busy Bees in Livingston Quarrywood Court we are looking for an Assistant Nursery Chef to join our team.*
As an Assistant Chef, you will be working *part time (25 hours per week)* whilst role modelling your knowledge and best practice to colleagues and ensuring our children have the best start in life.
* Childcare provision with *substantial childcare discounts.*
* Excellent *in-house training*, opportunity to* gain further qualifications, virtual learning *and* career progression* opportunities.
* *Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme.
* *Retail Discounts Scheme* via an online benefits portal.
*Our Nursery: *
* Our nursery is nestled in the quiet leafy village of Livingston and is ideally situated for commuting to and from Edinburgh and Glasgow
* Spacious environment which consists of four purpose built buildings
* NHS accredited menus
*Your Qualifications and Experience: *
* Minimum of 1 year experience working within a catering environment with an excellent understanding of food hygiene standards and allergens.
* Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification (preferred).
* Recognised catering qualification (preferred).
*Key Responsibilities & Duties: *
* Follow safe working practices for children and staff and to comply with Busy Bees food hygiene and safety policies.
* Play a role in the education of our children’s development by teaching them basic cooking skills and promoting healthy eating.
* Speak Up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or our Core Values.
* Assist the Chef to provide high quality, nutritious and freshly prepared meals and snacks.
* Maintain hygiene standards in the kitchen, to meet internal audit requirements and ensure action points are addressed in a timely manner.
* To liaise with regulatory bodies during their inspection visits in the absence of the Chef.
* Comply with the company’s procedures relating to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
* In the absence of the Chef, to order food supplies to meet the menu requirements whilst remaining within budget.
* To report any damaged or faulty equipment to the Chef to enable this to be logged for repairs accordingly. Take action to control the any risk and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed.
* To understand the food standards requirements for the management of medical conditions, in particular food allergies.
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check or equivalent.
Job Type: Part-time