Chichester College Group
An opportunity has arisen to join our team as an Associate Lecturer in Horticulture based at our Brinsbury Campus. This role is offered on a bank basis working variable hours and in return, you will receive a competitive rate of £18.02 – £31.62 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions’ employers.
In return for joining us as our Associate Lecturer in Horticulture, we will offer you:
– Competitive Pension Scheme
– Generous annual leave package
– Discounted private medical care
– Subsidised gym membership plus more
Responsibilities of ourAssociate Lecturer in Horticulture include:
– Undertaking teaching and learning related activities, as agreed
– Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
– Undertaking administration and providing reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
– Contributing to the development of curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
– Understanding personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
– Keeping up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
– Adopting a proactive approach to participation in appropriate meetings and training, as agreed with the curriculum area
Our ideal Associate Lecturer in Horticulture should have the below skills and experience:
– Level 3 (or equivalent) in a related subject
– Level 2 literacy and numeracy
– A Certificate in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education or working towards
– Relevant industry experience within Hard Landscaping and Design
– Working knowledge of Horticulture and Hard Landscaping
Closing date: Thursday 29th July 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 25th August 2021
If you would like to learn more about our Associate Lecturer in Horticulture role then please click ‘apply‘ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.