Vision For Education
Autism Support Worker
£70 – £80 per day
Full time, 08:30am-15:30pm, Monday to Friday – ASAP Start
Are you a current or an aspiring support worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with Autism in the Leeds area? If so, this could be the ideal role for you.
The salary for this Autism Support worker role is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children or adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism in a similar setting or care environment, this could be in a similar school or supported living environment. This is a full-time role and currently we are not accepting part time applications for this position.
To work within a class team under the direction of the class teacher, supporting personalised learning usually 1-1 as well as supporting the pupils to meet their personal needs. The priority is to develop the fundamentals of communication. Most pupils are pre-subject specific and are developing their ability to engage in a wider range of experiences. This is an excellent opportunity to experience working within specialist provision.
The school caters for learners who are aged between 2-19 years with an EHCP and is classed as generic. We cater for a wide range of special educational needs – moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex and multiple learning needs (CMLN / PMLD); complex autism, autism spectrum disorders and Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position, you will:
* Be available Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30pm.
* Be physically fit and energetic.
* Have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting young people with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
* Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching assistant and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEND Team and ask for Rachel on .