Vision For Education
Autism Support Worker – Children
£70 – £80 per day
Full time, 08:30-15:30, Monday to Friday – September Start!
Are you a current or an aspiring Autism Support Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of children and young people with Autism in the Leeds area? If so, this could be the ideal role for you!
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children or adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism in a similar setting or care environment, this could be in a similar school or supported living environment. This is a full-time role due to start in September.
As an Autism Support Worker you will work alongside the Class Teacher to assist with delivering lessons and supporting children to learn through play to help them expand on their communication and sensory skills.
The aim of your role is to support the development of pupils’ spoken language as well as reading and writing. You will be working in a classroom setting and supporting the pupils academically as well as assisting with their daily routine.
As an Autism Support Worker you will be supporting the pupils to take part in many opportunities such as going out in the community for independent travel training and with domestic life skills such as teaching them how to cook.
To be considered for the Autism Support Worker position, you will:
* Be available full-time, Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30pm.
* Be willing to attend a two day positive behaviour management course.
* Have a minimum of 6 months experience supporting young people with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
* Have, or be willing to obtain a DBS on the update service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching assistant and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training and safeguarding training.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring Autism Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEND Team and ask for Casey on