Contract Type: Variable Hours
Location: Leeds, Leeds International Study Centre
Leeds International Study Centre and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with the University of Leeds and Leeds Beckett University.
You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our education strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a lecturer, you will contribute to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials and delivery across a range of modules or within a subject area.
* Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programmes and the student life cycle.
* Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by the centre.
* Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision.
* Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, mark and provide feedback to students.
* Update and maintain the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
* Work with the Student Experience team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
* Liaise with the Progression, Welfare and Support team to support students in achieving their progression aim.
* Engage in scholarly activity to ensure the delivery of modules is current
* Implement quality assurance procedures at the module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme to achieve high standards
* Take up opportunities such as (for example) VLE development; Peer Observation activities.
* Undertake teaching, learning and assessment observations and associated staff development plans to assure standards within the subject area.
* Any other duties as required from time to time by the Subject Leader, Head of SEC and Senior Leadership Team.
* Promote health, safety and wellbeing of students and colleagues. Hold personal accountability to avoid action that could threaten the health or safety of you, other employees, students or members of the public.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area.
* A Masters qualification is desirable
* Candidates holding a PhD will be particularly welcomed.
* Experience of teaching in the UK higher or further education and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students.
* Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
Study Group is a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017, 2018 and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
***We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap