Cover supervisor – Dewsbury
Do you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers – sports coaching, charity and youth work, or drama workshops for example? Are you a recent graduate looking to make a difference in the classroom? If the answer is yes to any of these questions then Cover Supervisor work with Randstad Education could be for you!
On behalf of a Dewsbury secondary school we are looking for a cover supervisor who can work on a day-to-day ad-hoc basis, but this could lead to something more long-term in future. On most days the work is a full school day, but you may cover just for mornings or afternoons, or even one lesson; the work can be very flexible to suit your availability. The requirement is due to an expected increase in the need for day to day cover within this mainstream setting, covering absent teachers due to training courses, meetings or sickness.
Roles vary from ad-hoc daily cover to longer term positions, although this could lead to something more long-term in future, dependent upon the schools need. The successful candidate would need to be available to start as soon as possible.
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
* Flexible hours and working patterns
* A ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus worth up to £300
* Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and ‘Team Teach’
* Being willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year-olds, managing behaviour in line with school policies
* Delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
* Engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task, assisting with queries where possible
* Dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures
* Experience of working with secondary age children, which can be referenced (voluntary work included)
* An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) – we can help with this
* A flexible, professional and approachable manner
* The ability to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
* A degree qualification or a qualification in teaching and learning support (advantageous, not essential)
We are proud to support a range of schools across West Yorkshire, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
If this sounds of interest to you, or you know someone who would be suitable, please contact us today.