Director of Apprenticeships
Salary £54,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
(37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the college in the role of Director of Apprenticeships to lead the delivery of Apprenticeships and drive transformational growth in Apprenticeship provision for Hull College.
Hull College Group provides high-quality education and training for school leavers and adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships and degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus – to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach and are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education and university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire and support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of ourDirector of Apprenticeships:
– Developing and working with strategic partners to form strong, mutually beneficial relationships
– Attending regional strategic forums and networking activities to develop strong partnerships and share good practice with other key providers and partners
– Ensuring that HCUK Training consistently provide outstanding teaching, learning and assessment
– Ensuring that HCUK Training is promoted at a local, regional and national level with employers/trade publications and press
– Working with curriculum areas across the group to offer high quality technical and vocational programmes
– Working in partnership with the College’s management team and curriculum areas to ensure College initiatives are successfully integrated, launched and progressed leading to successful outcomes for all Apprentices
– Delivering highly effective communications across the region and all College departments
– Developing the talent pool within the operational team so that there is succession planning and an appropriate management and team structure in place
– Working in partnership with the Assistant Directors and Recruitment Team to ensure that recruitment and financial targets are achieved for all Apprenticeship income targets
– Devising, developing and recommending income-producing, profitable and congruent initiatives to senior management
– Ensuring compliance with ESFA and awarding body processes and procedures
– Leading on ensuring that areas are continuously prepared for external inspection activity
– Managing a devolved budget and ensuring that all resources are deployed effectively and within agreed allocations without any unauthorised overspend
What we’re looking for in ourDirector of Apprenticeships:
– A first degree or relevant professional/vocational qualification
– Evidence of commitment to personal development and continuing improvement
– A postgraduate Teaching or Education Qualification or Certificate in Education
– A minimum of level 2 in Maths and English
– A background of successful apprenticeship delivery and leading a team to achieve excellent outcomes for students
– A successful track record or managing and developing a complex portfolio of external partners and stakeholders to achieve deliverable KPI’s, business and financial success
– Understanding and knowledge of the apprenticeship and FE funding system, relevant qualification frameworks and accreditation arrangements
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us as our Director of Apprenticeships please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Hull College Group is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 6th May 2021
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.