Inspired Learning Group
St Nicholas Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Early Year Practitioner
Rate of Pay: £22,000 to £23,500 per year depending on experience
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 04 June 2021
Closing date: 03 July 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 22 Salmon Street, Kingsbury, London, NW9 8PN
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Early Year Practitioner to join our wonderful School in Middlesex.
St Nicholas Preparatory School and Nursery based in Middlesex, North West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 3 months – 11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· Full and relevant Level 3 Childcare qualification.
· Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
· Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach.
· Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
· Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
· Safeguard and promote the health, safety, and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
· Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies. Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
· Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
Our People Strategy & Benefits:
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
St Nicholas Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.