London Early Years Foundation
Early Years Educator – Bird in Bush Nursery and Pre-School
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: £20,737 – £21,44 per annum
Qualification: Level 3+ in Early Years or equivalent
Location: Old Kent Road, London, SE15 1JB
Our Bird in Bush Nursery is located in Southwark and has fantastic transport links to Central London and the surrounding areas, there is also free parking nearby. The nursery itself is a multi-cultured, friendly setting and has a large garden which is used every day to extend children’s experiences and knowledge in outdoor learning. Bird in Bush is a 55 place nursery, caring for children from 6 months to 5 years of age.
We are seeking an Early Years Educator to join our friendly, hard working team. As a LEYF teacher you will work with your key children ensuring that the activities you are planning are inspiring their learning and encouraging curiosity. You will be responsible for observations and safeguarding the children within the setting and ensuring that every day has something unique and fun.
* Full and relevant child-care qualification at level 3 or above
* Strong knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
* 12 months experience working in an early year’s setting
* To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others
* Have a passion for making a difference to the community
* A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
* 50% off of childcare
* Refer a friend bonus
* Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
* Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
* 10% GLL Gym discount
* 7% employer contribution towards pension
* Salary increase after probation
* Overtime pay
* Interest free Annual Season Ticket loan
* Free life assurance
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
At LEYF we aim to promote 50% of our leaders from within and nurture our staff to help them progress in their careers.
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.