Early Years Practitioner
Location: Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Start Date: As soon as possible / February 2022
Salary: £10.00 – £12.00 per hour*
GSL Education are an independent recruitment provider, currently seeking a number of outstanding Early Years Practitioners in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. You will be working within a Special Educational Needs, supporting young children from aged 2 years.
Early Years Practitioner Requirements:
– Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in Childcare, Early Years or similar.
– 3 months experience working within an Early Years or Nursery setting within the last 2 years.
– Be knowledgeable of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, principles, and practice.
– Knowledge and experience of record keeping and tracking progress of children.
– Experience or understanding of behaviours linked to additional needs.
– A Child Only DBS registered to them Update Service or be willing to apply for one through GSL Education. DBS sponsorship is available for this position*.
Early Years Practitioner Role and Responsibilities:
– To work with the class teacher to facilitate the learning of early years children within a special educational needs school.
– To assist in the delivery of play-based learning activities, which contribute to the overall learning and development of children.
– Support children on a 1:1 and small group basis.
– Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships and communicate effectively with children and their families and carers.
– Provide academic, emotional, and physical support to pupils where appropriate, including the delivery of personal care where appropriate.
– A special needs school for pupils aged 2-16 with a wide range of needs such as moderate and severe learning difficulties, autism, speech, language and communication needs and mental health needs.
– A holistic approach to teaching children and young people, with a child-centered focus, including personalised learning plans and creative curriculums.
– Staff have a range of expertise who all have shared goals, which are informed, by parents and carers, therapists, and a range of agencies.
If you are keen to work at this fantastic special educational needs school in Scarborough as an Early Years Practitioner, please contact Kerry Fowler at GSL Education immediately. Alternatively, please visit to apply online and submit your up-to-date CV via the application link.
Job Reference: J9615 / INDHU