Are you a Qualified Food Technology Teacher looking for a new challenge?
I am currently recruiting a qualified Food Technology Teacher who is passionate about their job in teaching the next generation.
I am in partnership with a well-established secondary school in in Staffordshire. This school has happy and caring environment. The school’s aim is to inspire confident learners and take them on a journey of opportunities throughout their learning so that they can thrive academically, socially, physically, and emotionally.
The position is temporary up until the end of October half term with potential to be extended to December 2021, working 5 day per week.
As a qualified Food Technology Teacher your responsibilities will be:
• Planning and thoroughly preparing courses and lessons
• establishing and preserving a positive atmosphere for learning within the classroom
• Teaching all pupils assigned and regularly setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupils
• Maintaining knowledge of those assigned pupils on SEND register and putting into practice strategies suggested by the SEND Coordinator
• Assessing, recording, and reporting on the development, progress, and attainment of all pupils, according to the school’s policy and schedule
• Preparing pupils for examinations and assessing pupils for the purpose of such examinations.
• Ensuring appropriate differentiation in work set
• Promoting independent learning
• Assisting individual pupils to maximize their potential
• Ensuring that school policies including safeguarding and behaviour are adhered to.
• Attending team meetings when needed face to face or via teams.
To apply for this role, you will:
• Hold a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE plus Degree or Equivalent)
• Understand the Food Technology Teacher Curriculum across all Key stages
• Understand and be able to lead on the principles of assessment for learning, a full range of assessment techniques, recording and reporting requirements consistent with whole school policy
• Have Substantial, recent and successful teaching experience across the age and ability range
• Ability to teach GCSE and A Level Food Technology Teacher
As a Reed Education member, we can offer you:
• Your personal online lounge where you can update your availability for work
• Competitive rates of pay with regular pay reviews after 12 weeks of working.
• Professional support from our expert team of consultants
• Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
• CPD opportunities through Reed or your respective school.
• Candidate benefits, Reed discount club- Savings at Highstreet stores
• Reed Insurance Scheme.
• Reed Pension Scheme.
• Free eye tests.
• Refer a friend scheme (£100 voucher for every person referred)
Reed are committed to safeguarding and all candidates will be subject to a formal registration process which requires an enhanced DBS check either on the Update Service or completed by Reed.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
Our offices are open from 7am until 6pm Monday – Friday to offer any support needed.
I am keen to talk to any qualified Food Technology Teacher interested.
Please apply clicking the button below.