Hair and Beauty Teacher Are you a creative and passionate Hair and Beauty Teacher looking for a new role next year? Would you like to work in a well-respected AP with Outstanding behaviour models and help grow the department?
Teaching Personnel are working with a “Good” Alternative Provision to assist them with the appointment of a Hair and Beauty Teacher to join their team from September. This is a full-time post Monday to Friday, teaching students up to KS4. The school are offering long term supply or temporary to permanent position. The school is currently graded as ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’.
Ideally the successful Hair and Beauty Teacher will be able to offer an additional subject. The successful applicant will have the pleasure of working in a school which is well equipped with modern facilities. Although in its earlier stages, Hair and Beauty is a popular option with many opting to take up the vocational subject. This welcoming Alternative Provision is based in the centre of Wakefield, the school is accessible by car and public transport with parking available.
To be successful in this Hair and Beauty Teaching position you will be:
• A qualified teacher who has a genuine passion for their subject and can inspire their pupils.
• A creative teacher, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role.
• A reliable and collaborative professional with experience teaching in secondary schools or FE.
• Strong behaviour and classroom management.
• A HLTA with experience teaching students with behavioural
• A committed member of staff who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role.
• Commitment to the school and their students.
• Degree or HLTA status
• Supporting Pupils with EHC Plans and Social and Emotional Behaviour Difficulties Essentials:
• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UK
To register your interest please click apply now, or contact the West Yorkshire SEN team on
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.