Five Education are working with a SEMH (Social, Emotional & Mental Health) school based in Chippenham who is looking for a Learning Facilitator/ Teaching Assistant to work on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting students/ children with SEMH and/ or behavioural difficulties.
Responsibilities and duties:
* To work alongside teachers to provide students with fair access to the schools broad and balanced curriculum
* To support students attending alternative provisions as required.
* Manage behaviour using de-escalation techniques
* Assisting with the planning/ delivery of lessons and learning activities
* Supporting students who may display challenging behaviour
* Providing a positive role model for students
* Previous experience working in a SEMH school or similar environment
* Ability to remain level headed and calm in challenging situations
* Team Teach trained would be an advantage
* Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
* Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks.
* Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes
* Able to work 8.30-3.30, 3 – 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.