Provide Education are working with an Outstanding special school located in Doncaster who are seeking a Learning Support Assistant this term.
Our client caters for 105 students aged 3-19 who have severe learning difficulties and additional profound and complex physical / medical needs. The school has on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care, CAMHS, and other services.
We are looking for an individual who is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of the children they work with; who wants to challenge the consequences of disadvantage through education; and who is committed to their own professional development.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will support colleagues in the delivery of learning, care and support programmes which enable access to learning for students. You will assist class teachers in the management of students and the classroom. Learning may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area on a 1:1 or smaller group basis.
Your duties will include:
* Complementing, and supporting the role of teachers and other professionals by undertaking learning/care/support programmes (including feeding, hygiene, health, therapy, physical and behavioural) which enables access to learning
* Delivering a range of learning experiences, which deliver an appropriately differentiated and suitably challenging creative curriculum for all pupils whilst meeting statutory requirements
* Assisting with the maintenance and implementation of individual student’s Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs), Behaviour Plans and NHS Care Plans – including meeting personal care, hygiene needs and therapy and health intervention needs
* Undertaking structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes appropriate to the pupil’s needs to ensure physical, social, emotional and intellectual development
* Challenging, supporting and motivating pupils, promoting self-esteem whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant who has experience of working with pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs. You will be enthusiastic, confident and passionate about promoting high quality learning and support. With a positive approach to behaviour management, you will demonstrate the ability to work with pupils with a wide range of complex health needs and learning difficulties.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience of working with students with a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
* Experience of behaviour management and physical intervention (Team Teach)
* Experience of the use of hoists and physical positioning (Moving & Handling)
* Experience of therapy and health interventions (PECS, Makaton, Rebound, Intensive Interaction)
* Good interpersonal and listening skills
* Understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities
* Ability to cope with requirements of the post, which will include working with pupils who have profound physical difficulties and may include working with pupils who have emotional and behavioural difficulties
* A Teaching Assistant qualification (CACHE, NVQ)
* Working with pupils who have physical difficulties, it is a core component of the job for the post holder to be capable of moving and handling pupils, to deliver personal care, and to participate in hydrotherapy sessions
All candidates working through Provide Education must have a valid, Update Service registered DBS (or be willing to submit an application)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.