Master Class Education
Are you dedicated to providing outstanding outcomes for young people in education?
Do you have experience working with children and young people with autism?
Are you looking to develop your career in special needs education?
We are currently looking for a talented Learning Support Assistant to join our brilliant Special Needs school just on the outskirts of Oxford.
You will be joining a mixed independent secondary school that caters for up to 50 students, all of whom have a diagnosis of Autism, usually higher functioning Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome, and some of whom will have behaviours associated with ADHD.
The school provides a safe and secure environment for students that would otherwise struggle to access mainstream education and provides a specialist curriculum for each young person, with a strong focus on individual development and building skills for life.
The school has a wide range of resources to supplement the learning, health, and wellbeing of their students, with many therapeutic provisions available for students to access.
The pupils benefit from the fantastic setting of the school, with extensive grounds used for horticulture, small animal care, health and fitness and forest school activities. This allows for plenty of extra-curricular options for the students to take part in.
Ideally, you will have a Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support in Teaching and Learning or equivalent qualification. Alternatively, you must be prepared to start this training after your probationary period with the school.
This is a permanent position, you will be working 36.5 hours per week, 08:30 to 16:15 Monday to Thursday, and 08:30 to 16:00 on Friday.
We are looking for candidates who:
* Have GCSE grades A – C (or equivalent) in English and Maths
* Hold a clean, current driving licence
* Have experience working with children and young people, especially those with special educational needs
* Can demonstrate knowledge of Special Education Needs, in particular Autism Spectrum Condition
* Can work creatively and flexibly with students with SEN to promote autonomy, independence, personal development, and employability of all students
* Communicate clearly to a range of other people
* Form and promote positive relationships with staff, students, parents, the local community, and outside agencies
We can offer you:
* A happy, positive, vibrant working environment
* An inclusive school with a wide and diverse community
* Talented, enthusiastic, and supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement
* Pupils who are eager to learn
* An attractive and well-resourced school
* Training on site
* Dedicated and experienced consultants that specializes in SEN, that will tailor the service to your needs to secure your dream role
* Current, honest career and market advice
* Continuous support throughout your career journey with FREE CPD
* Focus on your health and wellbeing
Have any questions? Want a bit more information first? Get in touch with us on (phone number removed), we can’t wait to hear from you!
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that includes an Enhanced DBS check
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.