Barry, South Glamorgan
Learning Support Assistant – ASD
Barry Vale of Glamorgan
Full Time – September 2021
£55-£65 per Day
Due to a high demand, Academics are currently seeking to recruit ASD Learning Support Assistants to work in a secondary school in the Vale of Glamorgan area. The position is available full time starting in September 2021 and will offer the right candidate the opportunity to gain or develop their skills and experience whilst working in a supportive and inclusive learning environment. The school also offers outstanding facilities which helps aid the learning of both staff and pupils.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in a classroom based environment and have a specific passion in helping the young pupil’s progress in their academic studies. The candidate will also be expected to build positive relationships with both staff and pupils to create an environment that fits the pupils and schools needs. This role requires the candidate to have strong initiative skills, where they will effectively utilise their communication skills to support pupils and teaching staff. The successful Learning Support Assistant will be confident in working with young people in a school environment and will be able to effectively promote positive behaviour within the classroom.
To become a Learning Support Assistant in this Secondary School you will:
* Experience working in secondary schools will be beneficialbut not essential.
* Able to provide two professional references.
* Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Able to support the learning policies and become an active member of the support team
* Able to expand the learning ability for pupils of all levels
* Up to date DBS (you can complete this through Academics)
As part of the Academics Supply Team you will benefit from:
* The support of a dedicated consultant
* Plenty of opportunities for long term contracts as well as an option of shorter and periodic work
* Excellent opportunities for CPD training