Lecturer in Chemistry
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
£23,345 – £29,549 per annum (pro rata)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the college in the role of Lecturer in Chemistrywhere you will work primarily with students engaged across a range of courses providing a high level of support needed to achieve their programme of study. The successful applicant will need to be innovative in their teaching methods and responsible for leadership of programmes/modules.
Hull College Group provides high-quality education and training for school leavers and adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships and degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus – to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach and are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education and university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire and support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of ourLecturer in Chemistry:
– Delivering high quality teaching and learning, ensuring stretch, challenge and engagement of students of all ages and abilities
– Developing flexible learning, and innovative practices within academic planning, delivery and assessment, using institutional VLE
– Being involved in the marketing, promotion, recruitment and interviewing of students, including attending open events, school tasters and enrolment events
– Assessing, monitor, and record feedback to students to facilitate their best achievement using the College’s data systems and processes
– Maintaining all relevant course documentation and student records in line with the relevant quality assurance procedures and review and action results
– Working closely with staff and managers within the College to ensure consistency and best practice is shared
– Contributing to the production of an Annual Programme Evaluation (APE), and self-assessment processes which take into account all aspects of module delivery
– Maintaining the currency of own practice and undertake development in line with RTS requirements and HCG Scholarship Policy
– Completing all mandatory training in a timely manner and ensuring that such training is updated in accordance with College guidance and regulations
– Acting at all times as ambassador for the College through a professional approach to internal and external customers
– Actively complying and contributing to the College’s policies and procedures, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection
What we’re looking for in ourLecturer in Chemistry:
– Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
– GCSE in Maths and English Grade C or equivalent
– Post graduate Teaching, Education Qualification or Certificate (or willingness to work towards a teaching qualification)
– Successful and experienced background in delivery of curriculum
– Highly developed oral, written and presentational skills
– Highly developed IT skills
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us as ourLecturer in Chemistry, please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Hull College Group is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.