St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Lecturer in Employability Skills/Supported Internship
Part time 23 hours per week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays
Starting salary £15,768 per annum – salary pro rata from £25,433. Salary progression achievable after passed probation
Fixed Term contract until July 2022
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus
Are you enthusiastic about motivating and inspiring students to fulfil their potential?
The L.I.F.E (Learning for Independence & Future Employment) provision have an opportunity to recruit an enthusiastic Lecturer in Employability Skills/Supported Internship.
We are recruiting a Lecturer who can inspire and motivate our learners undertaking full time programmes within the L.I.F.E provision, in particular Employability Skills and Supported Internship, working with students with and SEMH (Social, emotional and Mental Health) needs. The Employability Skills course is for learners aged between 16 – 24 years of age who need additional support and guidance during Further Education, before moving on to a mainstream provision or employment. Students undertake recognised qualifications, where appropriate, alongside sessions designed to enhance life and employability skills.
The Supported Internship is an ‘exit’ course designed to support students’ progress from Education into employment (paid or voluntary). Supported internships are a structured study programme based between college and an employer. They enable young people aged 18-24 with an Education, Health and Care plan to develop the skills they need for work through a study programme that focuses on employability skills.
You may be required to teach all aspects of the learning programmes including Math’s, English and personal development as well as a variety of practical subjects You will need to have experience of working with young adults with Autism and SEMH (Social, emotional and Mental Health) and hold a recognised Teaching Qualification with experience of teaching Level 1 and above learners.
Closing Date: Tuesday 4th January
Interview date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.