St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Lecturer in ICT
Full Time 37 hours per week
£25,433 – £30,363 per annum – Depending on experience and qualifications
Based across the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City Campus
Oaklands College is an FE college with a large, growing and successful curriculum and we are looking to recruit a Lecturer within our ICT team.
The successful candidate will ideally have completed a Degree in Computing and have a minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience in the subject area. Where a candidate does not hold a recognised degree, they must have at least 3 years’ relevant industrial experience and it would be an advantage to hold professional qualifications from Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
This is a full-time, permanent role and will involve teaching on a range of programmes from Level 1 to Level 3, covering units such as Programming, Networking, Cyber-Security, IT Systems Support (PC Maintenance) and Software Development. The teaching post will include pastoral care support sessions, and the successful candidate may also be called upon to teach Maths and English Functional Skills.
Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification, although full teacher training will be provided. We will offer you in depth coaching and the opportunity to achieve a recognised teaching qualification.
We are committed to the success of our students and aim to provide the best possible learning environment and student experience. The successful candidate for this role will have a solutions focused approach and a can do attitude.
Having your own transport will be an advantage, as the classes will take place across both the St Albans and Welwyn Garden City campuses.
Closing Date: Sunday 12th December – Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date
Interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.