Innovation Recruitment Ltd
Job Title: Montessori Teacher
Location: Angel, Islington (EC1V)
Salary: £20K – £25K
Contract Type: Perm / term-time
A London based Nursery School is seeking a Montessori Teacher to join its expanding team to have full responsibility for the 2.5 – 5-year-old children. Benefits include, thirteen weeks paid holiday, free daily breakfast, individual Christmas and birthday presents, contribution into a pension scheme, access to travel loan facility, excellent pay and reward scheme, and Learning and Development opportunities.
This nursery was the first to achieve the prestigious Quality Counts Kitemark and have subsequently achieved two Quality Counts accreditations and the Investors in Children Award. It offers a service of excellence to its parents and children and its team is made up of dedicated, enthusiastic and professional staff.
As the Montessori Teacher, your duties will be to:
* Be responsible for the planning and delivery of an inclusive Montessori curriculum suitable to meet the children’s individual needs.
* Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional and social care and education for the children.
* Implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met and all areas of development are encouraged through play.
* Observe and assess children’s development and keep an accurate record of their achievements.
To be a successful Montessori Teacher, you will have the following skills and experience:
* Completion of a recognised Level 3 Childcare qualification, e.g. Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
* Montessori Early Childhood Teaching Diploma.
* First Aid training is desirable.
* Detailed knowledge of the Montessori approach is essential.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is essential.
* Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential.
* A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is essential.
* Considerable relevant experience of the age range 2.5 – 5 years is desirable.
The Montessori Teacher will be working 8 hours per day on variable shift basis, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 6pm. Total of 40 hours per week
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.