Lecturer in Motor Vehicle
Full-time 35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
£29,549 per annum
Hull College is working in partnership with the Education and Training Foundation to deliver Taking Teaching Further. We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the college in the role of Lecturer in Motor Vehicle where you will work primarily with students engaged across a range of courses providing a high level of support needed to achieve their programme of study.
The post-holder will need to be innovative in their teaching methods and responsible for aspects of leadership within the curriculum.
Hull College provides high-quality education and training for school leavers and adults, offering a wide range of vocational study programmes, Apprenticeships and degrees.
As one of the largest vocational institutes of its kind in the region, we have one focus – to create careers, not courses. We pride ourselves on this approach and are committed to ensuring our learners acquire the relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and experience to progress in life, whether that is to seek employment in the industry of their choice or step up to higher education and university.
While dedicated to delivering the very best experiences to our learners, we also extend the same commitment to our staff. We have worked hard to create an environment where all of our staff, no matter what their role, are empowered to inspire and support our vision to create better futures for the people of Hull.
Responsibilities of our Lecturer in Motor Vehicle:
– Delivering high quality teaching and learning, ensuring stretch, challenge and engagement of students of all ages and abilities
– Planning, preparing and updating all relevant teaching documentation including schemes of work, lesson plans and online learning materials, using Canvas
– Leading, coordinating and supporting course activities which will support the achievement of curriculum area targets
– Taking responsibility and facilitate academic tutorials for students
– Being involved in the marketing, promotion, recruitment and interviewing of students, including attending open events, school tasters and enrolment events, amongst other activities
– Assessing, monitoring, and recording feedback to students to facilitate their best achievement using the College’s data systems and processes, working to exam board guidelines and quality systems
– Leading, coordinating and supporting IV/IQA processes within the curriculum area
– Working closely with staff and managers within the College to ensure consistency and best practice is shared
– Contributing to the quality assurance processes and curriculum design within the area
– Attending meetings and communicate with colleagues within the Curriculum area as and when required
– Working off-site and across a range of locations if required
– Maintaining an up to date knowledge of their subject specialism by attending appropriate professional/vocational updating
– Completing all mandatory training in a timely manner and ensure that such training is updated in accordance with College guidance and regulations
– Acting at all times as ambassador for the college through a professional approach to internal and external customers
– Actively comply and contribute to the College’s policies and procedures, particularly in relation to Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection
What we’re looking for in our Lecturer in Motor Vehicle:
– Subject specialism (minimum Level 3/4)
– Cert. Ed/PGCE or willingness to work towards
– GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
– Previous experience of teaching subject specialism
– Working within Further/Higher Education
– Recent and relevant professional development
– Experience of working with IV and quality processes
– Experience of course leadership
– Able to work as a professional team member. Able to liaise with tutors, employers, awarding bodies and other agencies
– Able to work with students of all ages in classroom, workshop and one to one situations
– Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
– Highly developed IT skills
– Able to work flexibly, including evening and weekend work
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us as our Lecturer in Motor Vehicle, please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Hull College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All colleagues are expected to contribute to the delivery of their safeguarding strategy and values. In addition, these posts require the colleague to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service