The Opportunity Centre
An opportunity has arisen for a Motor Vehicle tutor, within our Aspire2Work Team reporting to the Performance Manager for the Barkerend, Wakefield & Hull Opportunity Centres.
Motor Vehicle Tutor Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing delivery of a full range of vocational courses in Motor Vehicle and support services associated with our contracted Programmes including, teaching and learning, assessment and learner support from Entry to Level 3, leading to further training, vocational pathways and employment opportunities.
Plan, monitor, support and teach learners on our contracted programmes to ensure planned programmes are completed in a timely manner.
Motor Vehicle Tutor Requirements:
• At least two years occupational competence in the agreed vocational areas that you will be teaching and assessing.
• Familiar with awarding body framework requirements.
• Able to design, deliver and assess training at different levels of learning
• Previous experience working with young people
• Established varied labour market experience
• You must have a willingness to undergo training as required
• A recognised teaching qualification or willing to work towards one.
• A minimum of a level 2 qualification in maths and English.
• A minimum of a level 3 in the vocational area.
• Skills for Life or Functional skills qualification in English, Maths and ICT
• D32 and D33, A1 award or Level 3 Certificate in assessing vocational achievement.
All positions are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exemptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions, cautions, warnings and reprimands.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
The Opportunity Centre is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to encourage the recruitment of staff from under-represented groups to apply for the advertised positions. The Opportunity Centre will seek to recruit the best candidate for the job based on merit. The recruitment and selection process will ensure the identification of the person best suited to the job and The Opportunity Centre.
The Opportunity Centre, part of the aspire-igen group, is committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We have a strong track record of successfully delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including ESF contracts and Study Programmes. We are also a provider of advice and support services to young people and adults in the Yorkshire and Humber area.
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire – based in Barkerend with potential delivery across sites.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part Time, 18.5 per week
Salary: £26,260 per annum pro rata (actual salary £13,130 per annum), plus competitive benefits
Closing date: 19th September 2021
Interview date: w/c 20th September 2021
You may have experience of the following: Motor Vehicle Tutor, Mechanics Teacher, Motor Vehicle Teacher, Mechanics Tutor, Mechanic, Automotive Technician, Trainer, Coach, Educator, Teacher, Training Consultant, Assessor, etc.