New Malden, Surrey
Inspired Learning Group
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Nursery Manager
Rate of Pay: £35,000 to £40,000 per year depending on experience
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted:04 June 2021
Closing date: 03 July 2021
Start date: Immediate Start
Place of Work: 57 Thetford Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 5DP
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Early Year Practitioner to join our wonderful School in Surrey.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff. The successful Early Year Practitioner should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
· Full and relevant Level 5 Childcare qualification (NVQ5, EYTS, QTS, B.ed or above)
· Have a minimum 5 years post qualification experience within a childcare setting
· Great passion for child development and a good working knowledge of the EYFS 0-5 years
· Experience of working in a Management role, mentoring and leading staff
· Excellent knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted statutory guidance
· Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
· Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
· Ability to deliver a high standard of childcare
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
· Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
· A fantastic understanding for how a Nursery works.
· Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
Our People Strategy & Benefits:
The successful candidate will also benefit from joining a fun, supportive, creative team and to be part of the grand annual Christmas event.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.