Our client is a thriving and expanding Sixth Form College with outstanding examination results. They are looking to appoint a part-time Payroll Officer to work hand-in-hand with their HR team to support the college’s growth.
Bexhill-on-Sea, TN40 2JG
15 hours a week (2 fully days on Mondays and Wednesdays)
Up to point 8 £20,771 per annum, pro-rata depending on skills and experience
Our client is a dedicated 6th Form College with a long history of excellence.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and organised payroll assistant to support the HR department in the full cycle of the monthly payroll using the Cintra payroll system. The successful candidate will be willing to train and develop in all aspects of payroll and pensions.
This is a part time role, 2 days per week, Mondays and Wednesdays.
As a Payroll Officer, your responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring all relevant payroll, payroll forms and pension information is entered accurately on the Cintra Payroll system by the designated date each month and memos are kept up to date.
* Processing all staff remuneration and staff claim forms; including checking authorisation, and calculations, entering rates of pay, and information on the Cintra Payroll system.
* Preparing and processing all new starter information and leavers on the Cintra payroll system.
* Entering all changes and deductions of staff pay, employment status, maternity, paternity, pension information and other amendments as required.
* Checking all payroll changes and checking changes are correct before the payment run with the Director of HR.
* Creating files and reports to reconcile with the payment summary as part of the RTI procedure by the deadline.
* Ensuring the payslips are published and distributed to staff once this process is complete.
* Preparing cheque requests on a monthly basis for the relevant payments for authorisation and by the deadline each month.
* Preparing monthly payroll reports, including journals and the FTE for Finance.
* Carrying out the Monthly Data Collection for pensions.
* Completing LGPS pension starter forms for new staff and leaver forms.
* Responding quickly and accurately to forms or requests from job seekers or tax office.
* Dealing with staff payroll and pension queries and liaising with Cintra, HMRC, Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers Pensions as required.
* Ensuring salary and staff surveys are completed by the deadline for Sixth Form Colleges, AoC, Inland Revenue or the Office for National Statistics as required.
The ideal Payroll Officer will:
* Be educated to at least Level 4.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Be organised and deadline-oriented.
* Have excellent IT skills.
* Have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Be friendly, professional and able to work effectively in a team.
* Be able to work under pressure.
* Be detail-oriented, flexible and able to prioritise workload.
* Be able to review and improve systems and processes.
* Have a positive and can-do attitude, with an ability to problem-solve on the spot when needed.
In addition to the above, our client is interested in individuals who:
* Are experienced in working in a payroll environment and running payroll from start to finish
* Have a working knowledge of the Cintra payroll system
* Are educated to degree level
The college reserves the right to interview and appoint early if a suitable candidate applies. The successful candidate will be required to possess an enhanced DBS certificate to be employed at the college.
How to apply for the Payroll Officer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Payroll Specialist, Payroll Administrator, HR Assistant, Finance and Payroll Officer, Pensions Officer, HR Officer, Accounts Assistant