BeyondAutism have an exciting opportunity for a Post-19 ABA Consultant (Maternity cover) to be based or at either our Hammersmith Hub, W12 9NX or our Wandsworth Hub, SW18 1FZ. You will join us on a part time, fixed term contract for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave in return for a highly competitive salary of £44,052 – £47,771 per annum (FTE).
BeyondAutism is a registered charity dedicated to launching lives through education and training. Using specialist teaching methods we make breakthroughs in communication that dramatically improve a child’s ability to cope and make sense of a confusing world. We empower people with autism to live fuller lives and we enable families to cope, so that they can see beyond to a brighter future. In addition to running BeyondAutism Post-19, BeyondAutism also runs two schools and offers outreach, training and consultancy services.
In return we can offer:
– An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
– A range of fantastic staff benefits, including a pension scheme, season ticket and bicycle loan and access to onsite counsellors an employee assistance programme and an online perk scheme.
– Ongoing support from a dedicated team who share in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
– Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training for Masters level qualifications, trainee teacher positions and trainee therapists.
About the role:
As the lead ABA practitioner you will be an active member of the service’s senior leadership team informing the strategic direction of ABA practice and ensuring the quality of all programmes through the management of the ABA Supervisors. The ABA Consultant will be expected to lead on whole service training as directed by the Head of Post-19.
Responsibilities of our Post-19 ABA Consultant include:
– Being responsible for the education and welfare of the pupils
– Supporting and managing the ABA Supervisors in their roles
– Playing a key role in stakeholder training
– Ensuring, overseeing and contributing to the training of ABA Supervisors and ABA Instructors. Taking a lead role in the induction of new ABA Trainee Tutors.
– Monitoring and contributing to quality assessment, recording and reporting
– Servicing Senior Leadership Team
What we’re looking for in our Post-19 ABA Consultant:
– BCBA certification (1 year minimum)
– A minimum of four years of practical ABA experience, including some experience of working with adults aged 19-25 with autism
– Experience of working in a specialist further education setting
– At least 2 years’ experience of managing a case load of verbal behaviour programmes
– Have completed the BACB requirements for delivering supervision
– Experience of working as part of and with a multi-disciplinary team
– Experience of advanced ABA skills; programme development, assessment, designing behavioural interventions and integration of other provisions
– Experience in managing teams of staff
– Experience of conducting theoretical and practical training at a range of experience levels
– Ability to work closely with the Service’s SLT and ABA team
– Ability to work in a pressured environment and remain calm in a crisis
– Good written and verbal communication skills- ability to communicate effectively with children and young adults with autism, parents and staff
– Understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity within an inner-city, special needs environment
– Understanding and commitment to the Service’s Safeguarding Policy
– Physically and emotionally resilient in order to work with children and young adults with autism who may present with challenging behaviours
If you would like to join our team as our Post-19 ABA Consultant then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.