Vision For Education
Vision for Education are part of the UK’s fastest growing Education recruitment company. We specialise in temporary and permanent placements for Teachers and Support staff across England within 16 locations. Due to further expansion, we are seeking a Compliance Officer to further support our Compliance Team in their commitment towards keeping children safe, safer recruitment processes and all compliance matters
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Officer will provide a diligent, independent vetting service of candidates to our wider branch network. Working in a central compliance team the post holder will be responsible for ensuring that candidate applications are compliant with government statutory guidance and our own company policies.
This is a varied role so the ideal person will have a diverse range of skills and experience. The main focus of the role will be the processing of candidate applications and will have a strong emphasis on consistency of policy application and legislative processes.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a great benefit package including holidays, annual bonus and companywide social events and activities.
The role will be located within our Sheffield city center office which has outstanding facilities and provisions.
If this role matches your skills and experience and you are an organised self-starter then please submit your CV or get in touch to discuss further.
Key Job roles to include:
* Receive and process progress notifications in relation to candidate applications including undertaking further investigation where required to assess suitability for work with children or vulnerable adults;
* Review candidate employment references in line with requirements and ensure there are no safeguarding concerns;
* Identify errors and seek corrections to applications;
* Manage existing compliance pending candidates through the transition of IT systems;
* Chase references and other outstanding information from candidates and referees where required;
* Inform candidates of unsuccessful application if they have not met vetting requirements;
* Review and implement any clearance restrictions on candidate applications;
* Provide prompt responses to internal queries received in the Safeguarding and website inboxes;
* Respond to notifications received as a result of continued suitability monitoring from the administrator;
* Issue interview/trial day disclaimers.
The Compliance Officer will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
* Strong communications skills – internal and external stakeholders;
* Have a strong eye for detail and be able to work accurately and quickly;
* A sound understanding policy, legislation and guidance and able to apply these effectively;
* Self-motivated and able to prioritise and organise own workload;
* Excellent time management skills;
* Ability to work to strict deadlines;
* Use initiative to solve problems;
* Confident decision maker;
* Good computer skills and technical understanding of Microsoft packages;
* A confident phone manner;
* Ability to handle confidential or sensitive data effectively;
* Strong team worker approach.
Minimum: GCSE English and Maths to Grade C (or equivalent)
Microsoft office Required: Preferred:
Functional & Technical Skills
Salesforce Required: Preferred:
For further information or to have an informal chat please contract Jessica Carrigan, Compliance Manager at