Do you want to make a significant positive difference to the lives of children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs?
We are seeking a Support Worker for a full time role in a specialist day school for young people aged from 5 – 19 with a wide range of needs across three specialist sites in Rotherham. The school has been judged to be Good in all areas in a 2018 Ofsted inspection.
The school provides opportunities for young people with a wide range of complex needs including; Autism, Development Delay, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Pathological Demand Avoidance, and Specific Learning Difficulties.
The school benefits from a team of multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to find creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development of pupils, and are committed to making a positive difference to the lives of pupils. Staff work collaboratively to provide a nurturing environment which encourages young people to make progress both academically and socially.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
* Working together with colleagues to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a negative view of education
* Building confidence in students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community
* Building a safe, secure and purposeful learning environment that meets individual educational needs of pupils, helping to narrow the gap for pupils who may be working below age related expectations
* Engaging with and motivating pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment
* Monitoring progress, giving regular feedback and encouraging students to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study
We are seeking an individual with previous experience supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, and who is able to demonstrate their ability to positively manage challenging behaviour.
In addition to experienced Support Workers, applications will also be considered from individuals with a suitable experience and training in the following areas:
* Youth and Community Work
* Social Work
* Education Psychology
* Youth Offending or Probation Teams
For further information, please contact the South Yorkshire SEND Team at Provide Education, or submit your application today.
All candidates working through Provide Education must have a valid, Update Service registered DBS, or be prepared to undertake a new DBS application through Provide Education.
Provide Education are a leading education recruitment agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTA’s and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, and the East Midlands
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.