Vision For Education
SEMH Teaching Assistant
Long Term contract
Start Date – ASAP
£75 – £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualification.
The minimum experience, training, or qualifications required for this position are – recent experience obtained within the last 2 years of working with children or young people.
About the role – SEMH Teaching Assistant
You’ll be working with small groups of young people aged between primary and secondary age who require specialist provision within a small school setting.
The hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm, however this can vary as dependant on your day.
Preferably you would have Team Teach training, however this is not essential.
About the school
The school is in Richmond and caters for around students with Social, Emotional, and/or Mental Health issues (SEMH).
The school are very committed to their staff’s wellbeing, which is why they have a councillor specifically allocated to the staff.
To be considered for the role of an SEMH Teaching Assistant you will:
* Previous experience teaching Special Needs children
* DBS on the Update Service or willing to get one
* Flexibility, compassion, and patience in character
* Right to work in the UK
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
* recent experience obtained within the last 2 years of working with children or young people
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Smart Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply for SEMH Teaching Assistant
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart teachers, please contact Fatima on .