Do you have experience working with at-risk children or adults?
Would you like to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment?
Are you able to manage behaviour effectively?
Then this is the role for you! Apply today to be considered!
Based in North Leeds, this fantastic specialist setting is currently seeking an experienced, motivational SEN Behaviour Support Worker to add to their team. They are looking for a committed and confident individual who can ideally work full time, and has the ability to build strong relationships with both students and the school community.
The successful applicant will play a pivotal part in ensuring the children are kept on task, learning to their full capability and have a point of contact for any issues or concerns. By becoming a regular member of the school’s staff, you will be able to build relationships with the vulnerable pupils.
*Dedicated SEND Consultants with experience working in SEN education
*24/7 on-call service
*Support and guidance throughout your role
*Job matching based on your preferences
*Advice and feedback on your current CV
*Competitive rates of pay
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
* Establishing constructive relationships with students
* Following the positive behaviour plans for each individual child
* Support class teacher and other support staff to maintain a positive working environment
* Develop a clear and thorough understanding of the specific needs of each pupil
*To maintain a record and provide regular feedback about pupils to the teachers and/or SENCO in order to best track pupil progress
*Assist the school in communicating with parent and carers using the appropriate approach
*To support all learners in their curriculum studies and throughout the day
Requirements of this role:
* A clear and up-to-date enhanced DBS check (we can support you with your application)
* Experience working in SEND setting/ youth work/sports coaching/community work
* The ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour
* Able to work with learners with various learning difficulties e.g. ADHD or dyslexia
* Be able to support and guide the children where necessary
* Ideally Team Teach trained
Do you feel you can make a difference to these children’s lives? Then please apply to be considered for this position by sending an updated CV to Freya at (url removed)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.