SEN Teaching Assistant Job, Thetford, Norfolk. Independent SEN school. Salary: \u00A315,784.22 – \u00A315,960.58 p\/a
SEN Teaching Assistant Job, Thetford, Norfolk
Job Title: L1 SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Thetford, Norfolk
Salary: \u00A315,784.22 – \u00A315,960.58 per annum
Hays Education are working with our partnership independent SEN school based near Thetford, Norfolk and require a Teaching Assistant to work with pupils with special educational needs.
About the role:
As the SEN Teacher Assistant, you will support children with their learning and care. As well as developing and delivering personalised learning, you will work with colleagues to support pupils with their daily routines, transitions, and positive behaviour management. A tailored approach to the individual child ensures that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. The Teaching Assistant will also need to support the Class Teacher with the day to day running of the class.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career whilst you help shape and develop our provision to achieve this.
* To establish a warm, caring, and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
* To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
* To contribute to providing high quality, challenging, and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
* Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
* To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
* To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
* Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
Skills and Qualifications required:
* GCSE Maths and English qualification Grade 4 or above or equivalent is essential.
* Willing to work towards a Teaching Assistant Qualification.
* Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
* Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, ASD.
* Life assurance
* Pension plan
* High street discounts
* Health cash back plan
* Cycle to work scheme
* Car lease scheme
* Employee assistance program
* Training and Development