Are you looking for your next Teaching Assistant role? Are you a Teaching Assistant wanting to return to work after a period away from the classroom? Do you have experience working with Primary aged children? Do you have a passion for helping children to reach their full potential? Then we want to hear from you!
We currently require a highly motivated and engaging teaching assistant to provide 1:1 support for a child with complex needs in a Y4 class within a mainstream primary school in Birkenhead. The role is to start from 8th March 2021 and will be ongoing potentially until July. The role will be mornings only, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 12pm supporting a child with ADHD and behavioural issues. The role of a Teaching Assistant can be extremely varied and challenging but also very rewarding; flexibility, resilience and a sense of humour are essential.
* Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
* A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
* Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training, including safeguarding
* Access to a ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus worth up to £300
* Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like ‘Candidate of the Term’
* Working with a child 1:1 within the classroom with a variety of needs including ADHD.
* Supporting other children in the class to complete day to day tasks and with their learning when required.
* Engaging with the children.
* Promoting positive behaviour.
* Making observations in line with the KS2 framework.
* Supporting the teacher with behaviour management.
As a successful teaching assistant you will have-
* Experience of working with children in primary school.
* Experience of supporting a class teacher to promote positive behaviour.
* Knowledge of the KS2 and primary curriculum.
* The ability to communicate and work as part of a team within the school.
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education’s child protection and UK eligibility checks.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Anne Williams, via email at (url removed) or telephone (phone number removed)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.