Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a SEND Administrator to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,012 – £20,442 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth-form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As our SEND Administrator you will:
– Liaise with Teachers, Learning Support Assistant Coordinator, Learning Support Assistants, Skills Development, Student Support Managers and Heads of Curriculum to obtain student feedback in a timely manner for Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP) Annual reviews
– Work within IT systems or paper-based systems as appropriate
– Contact Parents, Local Authorities and other Lead professionals to arrange Annual EHCP Reviews within statutory timeframes provided by the Local Authority
– Request feedback from Parents and the Young person in advance of the Annual EHCP Review
– Plan and coordinate various diaries to book EHCP Annual Reviews to ensure that the statutory 365-day deadline is met between each review date
– Ensure that paperwork is completed in accordance with statutory requirements
– Escalate any issues to the Head of Curriculum where necessary
– Assist with other admin duties assigned by the LDD Manager that may be required related to the management of EHCP’s- filing, scanning, logging messages onto the Emily system etc
– Collate information for new EHCP Requests for Assessment from parents, teachers and other professionals involved
– Source & record information from EMILY
– Attend Annual reviews or open events at Schools where required by the LDD Manager
– Arrange Interviews for prospective applicants in receipt of an EHCP on the College Admissions System
Our idealSEND Administrator will:
– Have excellent organisational skills
– Be able to work independently
– Be able to multitask and be process-driven
– Be able to work under tight deadlines
– Demonstrate diplomacy and empathy
– Be able to build strong working relationships both internally and externally to the College
– Give a high profile to equality of opportunity in all areas of activity, including compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy
– Aim to provide a safe and secure environment for all our students in compliance with our Child Protection policy
– Ensure compliance with the Disability Statement, including the need to notify Personnel of any changes in circumstances
– Participate in the agreed scheme for staff development, training and appraisal and be committed to continuous personal and professional development
– Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations
– Ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of the College
– Ensure compliance with the College Computer & Telecommunication Systems regulations, policies and procedures
– Notify Personnel of any changes in personal details, e.g. a change of name or address, car registration number, telephone number, next of kin/emergency contact details, etc
Benefits of becoming our SEND Administrator:
– Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
– Weekly staff Yoga and Football
– On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
– Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
– Free eye care vouchers
– Free secure onsite parking
– Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
– 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
– Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
If you feel you are the right candidate for SEND Administrator rolethen please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 25th April 2021
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.