We are seeking an experienced SEND teacher on a full-time basis for a role within an all age, generic special school based in Rotherham. This a full-time, term time role, commencing Easter 2021.
Our client caters for around 105 students aged between 3 and 19, and aims to provide an outstanding education for all learners.
The successful applicant will join a talented team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves. You will benefit from on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, School Nursing team, a Physiotherapy team, as well as support from Social Care, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) and other services.
As a specialist teacher, you will be expected to:
* Plan, implement and deliver an appropriate and differentiated curriculum for all students and support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
* Demonstrate a successful teaching experience with pupils with a wide range of SEND
* To teach students assigned to the teacher and to ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment, accreditation and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs
* Assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies within the school
* Set targets for pupils learning based on prior attainment
* Devise, contribute to and implement statutory assessment, annual reviews and IEPs
* Implement and follow school policies and procedures
* Challenge and motivate students, promote and reinforce self-esteem
* Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
* Liaise with parents and other partners
* Participate in professional development opportunities
* Contribute to a positive safety culture
You will have previous experience of planning and presenting a differentiated curriculum and have experience of and a willingness to train in communication approaches to curriculum access. You will have successful teaching experience with pupils with a wide range of SEND.
The successful applicant will:
* Hold QTS as a Newly or Fully Qualified Teacher (Primary or Secondary specialism)
* Have previous experience of planning and delivering lessons across a number of curriculum areas
* Have existing experience of differentiating lessons to meet the needs of learners with Special Educational Needs
* Have a personal commitment to equal opportunities, diversity and promoting positive relationships with a wide and multicultural community
* Have a practical understanding of effective teaching and evaluation strategies
* Be aware of the characteristics of an effective special school.
* Be able to motivate students and staff, setting high standards and provide a focus for improvement
All candidates working through Provide Education must have a valid, Update Service registered DBS, or be prepared to undertake a new DBS application through Provide Education.
Provide Education are a leading education recruitment agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTA’s and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, and the East Midlands
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.