Vision For Education
Vision for Education are working with a secondary school near Preston to recruit a Senior IT technician
About the role To assist in management of the schools IT service; maintain and develop the schools IT systems for safe, effective use by students and staff, implement procedures and provide advanced technical support. Assist the Network Manager and support the IT Technician in the efficient running of the school network.
This is a permanent full time post, which is 37 hours per week. In line with the statement of particulars of employment, the actual working times are determined by your Headteacher/Manager. The hours will be worked over 5 days, Monday to Friday.
Some of the following areas of experience are desirable:
* IT Support
* Wired & wireless networking
* Computer hardware installation & maintenance
* Microsoft Windows desktop and server OS
* VMware / Veeam
* Active Directory / Group Policy
* Office 365 / Google Workspace
* MIS systems including SIMS
About the school The school is situated on the outskirts of Preston and prides itself on high level teaching and therefore looking for a teacher that demonstrate excellent subject knowledge. The successful IT Technician will work in a supportive and friendly department and wider school environment. The school is forward thinking and benefits from a proactive Senior Leadership team.
Requirements To be considered for the role of Senior IT Technician you will:
* 5 GCSEs or equivalent (Incl. English & Mathematics)
* Relevant professional qualification in ICT (level 3 equivalent)
* Experience of hardware installation, upgrades, repair and maintenance
* Experience of supporting users, computers, servers, and networks
* Experience of common user applications i.e. MS office applications
* Experience of Active Directory and Group Policy
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
* Experience and qualifications
Key responsibilities As Senior IT Technician you will be responsible for:
* Support adherence to ICT policies, including those relating to IT acceptable use, e-safety, GDPR safeguarding and report any concerns.
* To fully participate in the schools appraisal scheme where appropriate.
* The post holder will be expected to carry out such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
What the school offer In return, the school can offer the successful candidate:
Vision for Education do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Stuart Rothwell on or email .