Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Singing Teacher to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. You will be working on a claims basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21.69-£35.38 per hour.
Part-time hours for one to one singing lessons for 25 weeks each academic year. Normally four hours over two days, with the addition of one or two hours a week running the choir and BTEC Performing Arts singing class which run for 34 weeks.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As our Singing Teacher you will…
Undertake the responsibility of teaching and accompanying the students in their one-to-one singing lessons as well as running group singing. You will prepare the students for their assessments and examinations and for the various concerts throughout the academic year.
We are looking for a person who has experience as a singing teacher and a choir/ensemble leader of students aged between 16 – 19 years. We need someone who is focused on developing and improving the student’s singing technique and has an awareness of the variety of repertoire to suit the needs of all our students.
The ideal Singing Teacher will need:
– Practical experience as a performer
– Relevant vocal teaching experience
– Knowledge and understanding of current developments in vocal grades for all awarding bodies
– Record of continuous professional and career development
– Excellent teaching skills;
– Able to manage learners and learning effectively;
– Able to develop effective learning resources
– High quality teaching to students of all abilities
– Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements
Benefits as our Singing Teacher will include:
– Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
– Weekly staff Yoga and Football
– On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
– Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
– Free eye care vouchers
– Free secure onsite parking
– Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
– 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
– Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 9th August 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Singing Teacher role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.