HRGO Education South East
*Job Role: Student Support Assistant*
*Location – Broadstairs, Kent*
*Pay: £12 Per Hour*
*Times Monday to Friday 2pm – 10pm (weekend work available)*
HRGO Education are in search of a Student Support Assistant that can support pupils with Autism (ASD) and challenging behaviours in their homes.
HRGO Education are recruiting for a progressive SEND school based in Broadstairs, Kent. They are seeking a Student Support Assistant with a passion for supporting young people with Autism (ASD) and challenging behaviours. Previous experience with autism is desirable.
You will be supporting pupils in their residential homes and getting them ready for their school day. Care assistants help the young people with Personal/social care and any medical support they may require. The role is full-time.
The school was rated “Good” by Ofsted and is well resourced to support their young people. It has residential students, lots of outdoor activity space and a swimming pool. The school is located in Broadstairs, in the Thanet district of Kent. Safe, on-site parking is available for staff.
*The **Student Support Assistant role: *
· You will be supporting pupils in their residential homes and getting them ready for their school day. Care assistants help the young people with Personal/social care and any medical support they may require
· Being a positive role model and establishing positive relationships with pupils, helping them to develop socially and build confidence with everyday tasks in their homes.
· Working well with teachers and other members of school staff to provide a stimulating learning environment for pupils
*What you will need: *
· Previous Care experience is desirable. However candidates with the right positive attitude, empathy and resilience will be considered as Level 3 training is provided by the school.
· Be confident working 1:1 with pupils and manage challenging behaviours
· Patient, reliable, friendly, hard-working and resilient with a good sense of humour
· Enhanced DBS or one in progress
*Benefits of working in this school based in Broadstairs, Kent: *
* Competitive rates of pay
* Regular CPD at the school and permanent career progression opportunities
* A fully supportive Teaching and SLT team
· HRGO Recruitment Education South East is a specialist recruiter that supports schools and education professionals in Kent. “Recruiting excellence” Recruiting excellence for our teachers and schools (hrgo.co.uk)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term, Temporary, Temp to perm
Salary: £11.00-£12.00 per hour
* Casual dress
* Flexible schedule
* On-site parking
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability