Supply Teachers September 2021
Calling all Qualified Secondary Teachers who are seeking a flexible, work-life balance lifestyle with Supply Teaching.
Teaching Personnel Essex Branch works closely with hundreds of Secondary schools across the whole of Essex, providing day to day and short-term support with excellent Supply Teachers. We encourage you to register with the Leaders of the UK’s Education Recruitment Market (2021) where we can support you into a new challenge.
Do you meet one or more of the following criteria?
• Fully Qualified Teacher, interested in flexible working with Supply Teaching
• Experienced Supply Teacher, looking to broaden my horizons by registering with another agency and gain additional work
• I am looking for a slightly more relaxed teaching role from September
• Lockdown has had me thinking about my current lifestyle and I’m seeking out a better work/life balance
• I am a Newly Qualified Teacher and I would just like to gain more (casual) experience, so I can feel confident in a classroom on my own. If it does, say no more and apply to work with Teaching Personnel!
If you think this sounds like you, then get in touch with one of the experienced consultants on the Essex Secondary Branch, who will be able to support you through our vetting process and support you into the Supply role.
As the UK’s leading education agency (2021), we pride ourselves on the way we care for our staff. We have excellent relationships with our client schools and provide high quality service to both candidates and clients, ensuring both parties are happy throughout your time working with Teaching Personnel. As a Supply Teacher for Teaching Personnel, you will be part of a community of thousands of Supply Staff Nationwide where we encourage an online social community for all.
About working with TP:
• The first agency to furlough all eligible supply staff, before the government scheme was released
• Payroll is weekly, which means you’re paid every Friday. This is all done through PAYE, meaning you will not be charged for any admin costs and all National Insurance/Tax is deducted for you.
• Offering unlimited, accredited CPD opportunities throughout lockdown (and always!)
• Recommend a Friend Bonus (£50)
• Regular communication with your team of consultants in the Northants Secondary Branch via Telephone, Video Call, Email or Social Media – we are also on Linkedin and Facebook!
• We take all of your preferences into account when pairing you up with bookings i.e. Primary, Secondary specialisms and any subjects/age groups you would prefer to teach or have had experience with already.
What do rates of pay look like for Supply Teachers with Teaching Personnel?
Day to day supply is typically between GBP115-GBP135 per day, dependent upon experience. For longer term positions, this is negotiated with yourself and the school but would generally be paid to scale (proof required).
What would a typical day as a Supply Teacher look like?
First and foremost, your consultant would contact you to arrange the booking on the morning or evening before (typically between 7am-8am on the morning). They would send over a booking confirmation via email, to confirm all of the details i.e. School Address, Name of School Contact, Pay Rate, what you should take with you and any other information you’d require such as Subject/Class information. When arriving at the school, you would need to present your DBS certificate registered to the Update Service (we can support you with an application if you require this) and a form of ID before being introduced to your contact and being shown around the school/to the class. All planning/work is provided and you would take it from there!
What should I do now and who should I contact?
Your point of contact is Jess, one of the experienced Secondary Consultants covering the Essex areas, please contact via the Essex Branch on or email your CV ready to send across. I look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.