Hours: 40 hours per week- Term Time Only
Opening in September 2021 this is a bespoke new school for 11-16 year olds with SEMH needs, having taken the best elements of a mainstream school and the best elements of a special school to create an environment where young people can achieve their own goals and thrive – be that with GSCEs or a vocational route.
Be part of something new, this school is looking for a team of people interested in the reward task of shaping this exciting new provision right from the very start.
The main purpose of the role:
To deliver high quality teaching and learning across multiple subjects to children and young people with SEMH and other complex or anxiety related needs who may present with challenging behaviours associated with their diagnosis. Some pupils may have multiple learning difficulties.
Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning of all pupils who are assigned to the post holder, having responsibility for their progress, welfare and outcomes
* To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which teachers work.
* To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practice, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity.
* To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
* To maintain knowledge through training and research where appropriate and take responsibility for own professional development.
* To establish effective working relationships and set a good example through presentation and personal and professional conduct
* To maintain an overall awareness of current issues in the field of autism in order to be able to plan for effective teaching and learning.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Successful candidate qualities:
* PGCE, QTS, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
* Working knowledge of SEMH students with complex needs.
* Evidence of sound knowledge of the national curriculum.
* Knowledge, understanding and experience of autism and associated co-morbid conditions and how these can affect learning.
* Curriculum development and implementation for pupils with SEN and in particular autism.
* Ability to engage pupils in positive enabling relationships.
What’s on offer?
* Full training and continued support
* Life assurance
* Teacher’s pension
* Health cash back plan
* Car lease scheme
* Bike to work scheme
* Perk box
* Free parking
All staff are required to start employment in mid-August 2021 for induction and training.
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.