Positive Futures Recruitment
*Salary: *£21,057 to £21,907 pro-rata term time only
*Location: * Wallsend
*Hours: *37 per week (08:30 – 16:30 Mon to Thu, 08:30 – 16:00 Fri)
A specialist provision for educating children and young people with Severe Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, and with Autism.
Seeking a number of Teaching Assistants to join them on a full time, permanent and Team Time only basis. You will be supporting young people aged 3-19.
Within this role you will be required to provide support to all of our teachers and pupils including those who need specific help to overcome barriers to learning and have complex needs. Experience of working within a SEND school setting with PMLD,ASC and SLD background is desirable.
You must have the care and dedication to ensure that every child reaches their full potential.
*Duties to include but are not limited to: *
* Use specialists (curricular/learning) Skills/training/experience to support pupils
* Assist with the development and implementation of PLPs/Behaviour Plan sand Personal Care Programmes.
* Contribute to the provision of supporting pupils with additional special needs
* Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model, and setting high expectations
* Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
* Support pupils consistently whilst recognizing and responding to their individual needs
* Attend to pupils needs which may include specifically intimate care, the provision of medication, feeding and other specific medical issues including tracheostomy care and rectal medication.
* Work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment
* Work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans, as appropriate
* Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre-determined learning objectives
* Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports, as required, to the teacher on pupil assessment, progress and other matters: ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
* Be responsible for keeping and updating records, as agreed with the teacher, contributing to reviews of systems/records, as requested
* Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
* Help pupils to access learning activities through specialist support.
* Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/ professionals in liaisons with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of pupils.
* Attend and participate in regular meetings.
* Participate in training and other learning activities, as required.
*Skills and Experience: *
* GCSE Maths and English qualification Grade 4 or above or equivalent is essential.
* Level 2 *AND / OR *Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification *(or working towards). *
* Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
* Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, ASD.
* High level inter personal skills with pupils, parents and other professionals
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,240.00-£21,907.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
* TA: 1 year (preferred)
* United Kingdom (required)