Are you an experienced Teacher or Teaching Assistant? Do you have experience working in Primary Schools? Are you available for full-time work?
Castle Education are working with a lovely school in York that requires an Advanced Teaching Assistant to cover a maternity post. The ATA will be subject to working with a mixed KS1 class, covering years 1 and 2. This role commences 8th March and around Easter, however, there could be room for an extension. The Teaching assistant is to be available for full-time hours and will be partial to the working hours of 9:00-15:00.
The school’s opening hours are from 9:00 – 15:00 so as the Advanced Teaching Assistant you are to be on-premises at 8:30 giving you enough time to prepare with the HLTA for the morning classes.
The Ideal ATA will have a minimum Level 3 TA qualification, along with previous experience within primary classes, assisting the teacher and offering 1-2-1 and small group support. The school welcomes children into a friendly, nurturing, hardworking and exciting environment where respect for others and positive attitudes towards work and behavior are firmly embedded.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced teaching assistant to join a team of highly committed and talented staff.
To be considered for the role of Teaching Assistant you will need:
* To have a record of outstanding classroom support and practice
* To have experience supporting children to make progress in their learning
* To have high expectations of behaviour and good classroom management strategies
* Minimum Level 3 TA qualification (Qualified teachers and NQT’s are also free to apply)
* A DBS on the update service, or willing to gain one through Castle Education
* Recent and relevant experience of Teaching Assistant work within EYFS or Primary education
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable
* Previous KS1/KS2 classroom experience
In return, Castle Education can offer you:
* A ‘warm, welcoming and nurturing culture ‘within the local schools
* A dedicated team of specialist Education consultants
* Regular Supply work to fit around your availability
* Referral Scheme – Friendly February (Check the Castle Website for T&C’s)
The daily rate for this role is £62
To be considered for this role, please forward an updated CV to .uk or call Alex on (phone number removed) for an informal chat
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.