New school opening Autumn 2022*
Teaching Assistants (SEN)
Type: Permanent, term time
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4pm (35 hours per week)
Salary: £15,376 – £16,533 per annum + benefits
Holidays: School holidays (Stockport Education Authority)
Here at Seashell we provide education and care for children and young people with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairments, communication disorders and autism.
Seashell Trust is currently going through an exciting period of transformation with a new School and campus being built that will provide the facilities that our students and residents need now but also for the future. Our new School and shared facilities building is due to open in Autumn 2022 so now is an exciting time to join us.
We are recruiting for talented Teaching Assistants for our outstanding (Ofsted) School (Moving into the new School once open) who want to make a real difference to the day to day learning of our students. These active roles will involve working with students on 1 to 1 basis supporting their learning and providing any additional support including personal care needs, mobility, daily routine support and communication.
The age range of our pupils is 2 – 18 years old. Experience in a Teaching Assistant role within a SEN environment supporting children with complex needs is preferred but not essential. So if you are passionate about providing learning and support, have the right attitude and share our values, then we’d like to hear from you.
* GCSE English and Maths (grade A-C/4 or above) or level 2 equivalent is a requirement for these positions.
* Experience supporting children and young people with complex health needs preferred.
* Some students may present challenging behaviour, so similar experience is advantageous but not essential, although all candidates should be comfortable working in this type of environment.
* These are physically demanding roles with a requirement to keep up with the active students who may like to run, use our adapted bikes and go in the swimming pool.
Support and benefits
We support all new starters with a tailored induction and training programme enabling them to conduct their new role to its full potential. We also monitor ongoing development through the likes of appraisals and supervisions and encourage career progression and development throughout the business.
Other benefits include:
* A generous annual leave entitlement
* A comprehensive health and wellbeing provision including Employee Assistance, wellbeing programmes and Occupational Health
* Retail, food and leisure discount card
* Life Assurance
* Choice of pension scheme
* Use of the on-site gym and swimming pool
* Free on-site parking
* Cycle scheme
* Paid DBS
About Seashell Trust
Here at Seashell, we offer a holistic approach with Seashell Royal School Manchester, Seashell Royal College Manchester and our 17 home-from-home care houses all of which provide a safe, supported environment.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
We are a LGBTQA+ friendly employer and welcome applications from all identities.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
Our vision is for the children and young people in our care to be safe, happy and to achieve the best possible outcomes so that they are valued and valuable members of their communities