Do to continued expansion, we are currenlty seeking an experienced Lecturer for Welding and Engineering.
The main duties for the lecturer are –
1. Planning, preparing lessons, and teaching on a range of full-time and part-time courses as required by the Curriculum Manager
2. Generating individual learning plans (ILPs) for the students based on a rigorous initial assessment.
3. Monitoring students’ learning progress and recording individual achievement using the ILP format, and reviewing, adapting, or extending the ILPs as necessary.
4. Assessment of students’ work, and providing subject specific academic counseling.
5. Participation in the observation of teaching and learning, including receiving and acting upon associated feedback.
6. Student counselling and welfare work.
7. Specialist invigilation of science practical examinations where required (if applicable).
8. Attending and participating at curriculum, course and team meetings in the year organized or the purpose of course or programme review, evaluation and improvement.
9. Participating in the initial assessment and diagnosis of new students, during the enrolment period as directed by the Assistant Principal and/or Curriculum Manager.
10. Acting as an assessor to groups of students as required. This will include adhering to the Centre’s standards and procedures for assessment, and completing all appropriate assessment documentation required by the Centre and the Awarding Body.
Required qualifications –
Engineering degree or NQV / City and Guilds in Engineering
QTS / QTLS (Qualified Teacher Status / Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills)
Current Enhanced DBS check is desirable, although one can be applied for
Previous Teaching Experience essential
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.