Vision For Education
Full Time – Youth Support Mentor
£80-110 daily rate – PAYE
We are seeking an experienced youth worker to support a Primary/Secondary Pupil Referral Unit in Croydon.
About the school
* Primary – ACS and SEMH
* Secondary KS3 –KS5 – Challenging behaviour, SEMH, ADHD
* Vulnerable young people, emotional and mental health
* Outreach Worker
They are looking for at least 2 of the following qualities:
* Previous experience working in a PRU or alternative provision
* Graduate (Sociology, Sports, Criminology or Psychology)
* Experienced Youth or Community Support Worker
* Support workers from mental health facilities or high-risk secure units
* Sports coaches looking to transfer skills in supporting vulnerable young pupils’ education
* Confident, resilient, positive personality
* This will be supporting students with social, emotional, mental health needs across secondary ages providing classroom support as well as home support if needed
* You will also be required to provide 1:1 support with any emotional issues, and supporting if pupils are behind with their work
Requirements Youth Support Mentor:
* Experience and understanding of how to support young people with social, emotional, mental health needs
* Flexible in being able to provide 1:1, group support
* Deal with any challenging behaviours or incidents in a calm manner
* Available to start immediately
* Commitment during term time full time Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
How to apply Youth Support Mentor
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart teachers, please contact Dan Hodson-Walker on .
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Smart Teachers offer As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.