Vision For Education
Are you looking for a career in education?
Do you have expierence of working with groups of children?
ABC Teachers are recruiting for General Cover Supervisors to work in Secondary schools across Shrewsbury and surrounding areas.
What does a Cover Supervisor do? A Cover Supervisor mostly works in secondary schools with Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils aged 11 to 16, although they are sometimes needed in primary schools with younger Key Stage 1 and 2 pupils. Cover Supervisor positions can be in private, public, religious, specialised, independent or free schools and academies, with mixed ability pupils.
The main role of a Cover Supervisor is to manage the classroom in the Teacher’s absence. The class Teacher will provide all the materials and tools needed for the lesson ready for the Cover Supervisor to deliver. Although not actively teaching, it is important for a Cover Supervisor to have the skills and confidence needed to keep the class motivated and focused so they can work on the activities set and prepared for them. The role requires you to support pupils as they work through the lesson and to understand how to help them to complete tasks, where needed.
Being a Cover Supervisor requires flexibility, as positions are often temporary or short-term and can mean working in different schools across the local area. The nature of the job also means lessons in a range of subjects will need to be covered, providing lots of variety.
About the school
* We work with schools with a strong team spirit and supportive guidance in a variety of secondary schools
* Easily accessible.
* Great public transport links
* All our schools have a creative environment for students to work in
Requirements To be considered for the role of Cover Supervisor you will:
* Minimum of 5 days experience working in sole charge of a group of children, that we can reference within the last 10 years.
* Able to obtain suitable references and a valid DBS check.
* Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly built a good rapport with students and staff
* A passion for working with children, in a calm and authoritative manner.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
* 5 days in sole charge of a group of children.
ABC Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About ABC Teachers ABC Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
* Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
* Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
* Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
* Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
* FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
* Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
* Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
ABC Teachers do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Rebekah Wayne on or email .